Sunday, January 22, 2012

Typical weekend...

Relaxing weekend, no where I had to be, but I didn't get a dang thing done...typical.  I did eat some good food.  Suprisingly, I had the best chicken fingers I have ate in a long time at the Fox and Hound on Friday night.  I have also ate the worst wings ever at the Fox and Hound too, so I have yet to form a firm opinion on their food.  The chicken fingers were beer-battered in Newcastle beer (one of my favorites), so that might have been why I enjoyed them so much...who knows.  My friend and I left to meet up with some friends at Black Market Bar in the Colonnade.  I have never been, but really enjoyed the atmosphere.  Just enough people, but not too many.  Plus, we got to sit on the patio, since it was unseasonably warm Friday night.



Saturday met up with one of my best friends to head to Flip Burger.  Now Flip Burger only has two locations, Birmingham and Atlanta.  The food was delicious and the atmosphere is really cool and modern.  It was even worth the Summit traffic.  It has an awesome patio and view, can't wait for spring to go back when it is warm.




The burger I ate was the butcher's cut and it was delicious, especially with an ice cold draft beer :), but all the burgers looked delicious!  AND they were the perfect size, not too big.

Sides were great too.  I got french fries and my friend got onion rings and both were excellent! She also got a hot chocolate milkshake to go, which I had to sample.  I wanted to get a milkshake, but was too full.  Probably will get one when I go back...they had a Krispy Kreme milkshake I have to try!  Next time you are out shopping at the Summit, stop by....it is a little pricey for burgers and fries, but I thought was well worth the money!

Also this weekend took Lucy Lou to Railroad Park to explore.  It was kinda dark and gloomy this weekend and the park is located on 1st Avenue, downtown, so it didn't quite leave you with that warm and fuzzy feeling.  Plus, constant sirens were going off the whole time we were there.  There was a policeman on duty the whole time and children playing all around, so I never felt unsafe.  It was actually well landscaped and I think it would be a good park once it warms up.  Lucy enjoyed herself because there was a stream throughout the park that, of course, she took advantage of.  I took my camera and tried to take some pictures (lots of good opportunities for shots).  However, couldn't take a lot with a 65lb. dog on a leash.  I will have to go back by myself one day. 


James 4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?


No comments:

Post a Comment