Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Attempts at Cooking: Taco Ring

Cooking for one is almost a waste of time.  Before you can eat the leftovers you are sick of whatever dish you cooked.  Therefore, my golden retriever, Lucy Lou, reaps the benefits. :)  I usually try to cook at least one meal a week and eat the leftovers the rest of the week.  The others days my dinners consist of cereal, sandwiches, frozen pizzas, or eating out. :)  Thought I would post some ideas for cooking for one person.  Disclaimer:  If you are looking for healthy ideas or have jumped on the "organic train" these probably aren't the posts for you! :) I pretty much cook what I feel like eating and eat in moderation. 
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it reminded me of one of my old college roommates.  She first introduced me to this, the taco ring. (If you don't know what Pinterest is you need to join immediately, like yesterday!)


Just click on the link below to view the recipe.  Lots of the ingredients are optional, so you can probably make it with items already in your pantry.  Needless to say I hate having to buy unusual ingredients that you only use with one recipe!  We are not all Rachel Ray and have everything readily available.  Another thing I hate is having to wash dishes, so remember to put foil down on your pizza pan to avoid clean up.  I ALWAYS split the recipe in half to avoid tons of leftovers! However, even after I split this recipe it still made a lot! 
 
http://www.extremesavingswithdivadesirae.com/2011/09/whats-for-dinner-tonight-baked-taco.html

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment