Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'll cry if I want to....

When you are dumped you are mad as hell initially.  I don't make you happy?!  You need someone different? I am not enough?  You want to say "Why not?" Did you ever think what I need, my happiness, you selfish son of a ......

Then it comes, it is like a tsunami wave, unbearable sadness.  Then you start to make excuses.  He didn't mean that.  He will realize he made a mistake.  We're not really broken up for forever.  Why do women do that?  He just basically ripped you apart naming every single flaw you have and told you that you don't make him happy, but he didn't really mean it.  On closer inspection....ummm...yeah.... he did really mean it.  No matter what you think about the other person, you got dumped.  He doesn't want you.  Game over and it makes you feel like the biggest loser and, no, I don't 'mean the winner of a television weight loss competition ;)

And why is it you break up and then all you hear on the radio are sappy love songs?  I heard Sinead O'Connor "Nothing Compares to You" on the radio a couple of weeks ago....(OK, I am completely embarrassed to tell this, but will because I am sure some other foolish girl has done the same thing....or that is what I will tell myself)   So I heard the song, then I proceeded to break down in the car on the way to work.  I am not talking about a tear rolling down my cheek, a complete breakdown....on I-65....in morning work traffic.  Nice, Mindy!  You have turned into the woman you despised, your worst nightmare, in shambles over a man...of all things!  Think of all the BIG problems in the world.  So now you don't just feel sad, you feel guilty and pathetic.  You  have so many things to be thankful for....you shouldn't be sad, you should be happy!  AND it doesn't help it was the cheesiest song in the universe that ignited this breakdown!  Get it together Mindy...geez!

I guess people cry when they are sad and that is acceptable, but I don't like to cry.  If I do cry I don't like anybody to see me!  Oh no, I cry in the bed or in the shower.,..never in public and definitely not in the car in I-65 work traffic! :)  However, I guess crying doesn't make me weak. I guess crying is a good thing.  I guess it is normal.....right? 

Gloria Steinem once said "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."  She's absolutely right!  I don't need a man to make me happy, but I have decided for right now a man broke my heart and I am sad sometimes...and I am gonna cry if I want to!

Psalm 147:3-5 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment