Tuesday, January 24, 2012

For I know the plans I have for you.....

Jeremiah 29:11

I have never explained the name of my blog.  If you have been following me you know I started this blog at the beginning of the year and for those of you who know me personally know that New Year's Eve/Day is my least favorite holiday! New Year's Day comes and I always ask myself this question, "Is this what I am supposed to be doing with my life?" I always feel a little lost.  I remember on New Year's Day reading one of my favorite bible verses, Jeremiah 29:11 (29eleven), and feeling a comfort and a peace of mind.  God knows the plans he has for me, plans to prosper me and not harm me, plans to give me hope and a future.  I felt better...I don't have a thing to worry about!

No matter what I do, no matter what mistake I make, He forgives me and accepts me just the way I am.  He loved me so much he sent his only son to die for me!  What if we loved all the people in our life the way God loves us?  What if we accepted everybody different from us for what they are?  What if we could gain forgiveness, just by saying "please forgive me?" That is what God does and did for us.  He saw our sin, he saw we were straying and he decided to extend his hand.  He sent his son.  He didn't give up on us.  We are worth the effort. Now that is love...the kind that last forever!

Reminds me of a song by my favorite brothers:



This song has one good lyric after another....

"There's a darkness upon me that's flooded with light, in the fine print they tell me what's wrong and what's right, and it comes in black and it comes in white.... and I'm frightened by those who don't see it"

"If you're loved by someone you're never rejected! Decide what to be and go be it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment