Friday, January 6, 2012

Breaking up is hard to do....

Well nothing has changed since the song came out many years ago, "breaking up is hard to do".  I wonder why 2 people can't decide at the same time that they are not right for each other and after that decision no residual feelings linger around.  Ahh...a girl can dream..right?  Of course, they are residual feelings after the things the other person said and by the way who comes up with these things?  "It's not you, it's  me"  Come on, it is me!! "You're a great person, we're just not right for each other" which obviously means, "I am bored with you and ready to find someone else." 

However, the worst line in a break-up hands-down:  "I'm just not happy and haven't been for a while."  This  line particularly hurts when you were happy and "have been for a while".  The translation of this "break-up line" is pretty simple: YOU don't make me happy.  That's a hard pill to swallow.  I think I would rather have someone tear off my pinky fingernail....really, I actually think that would feel better :)

The thing about a break-up, especially when you get dumped, you get a broken heart and to add salt to the wound several notches knocked off your self-esteem as a parting gift.  Gee, thanks I was so secure to begin with! My confidence really needed to be taken down a notch (catch my sarcasm, it's pretty thick...) 

Women need to be smarter, I should have been smarter.  I should have realized the situation for what it was, but, oh no, see foolish me thought I was DIFFERENT.  Ummm.....yeah I wasn't.  Why do women always think they are different?  They always think they will be the one who changes him, they will break the mold.  In their head women play that old, worn out scenario....they weren't in love like we were, that will never be me! Women are so smart, but yet so foolish.  I mean reallly where do women come up with these fantasies?  I guess all women deep down in their hearts are hopeless romantics.

For that matter, why is it that men are so resilient and women are so crushed.  I hate that the story always plays out that way, but it does.Women will sit and analyze what they did wrong six ways from Sunday, cry themselves to sleep, and throw pity parties.  Men on the other hand, bounce right back in "a couple of weeks"  find someone else to date, and move right along.  Oh goodness.... loves needs an instruction manual and life sometimes needs a fast forward button, but hey it is what it is and that is just the way the cookie crumbles.  You gotta check out this clip from "he's just not that into you"

http://youtu.be/Fvqmo5TMyeQ

Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment