Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I ain't saying she's a gold digger....

Money can ruin a relationship whether it is your significant other, friend, or family member.  They (whoever "they" is) say money is the number one reason for divorce.  When you start messing with people's money, people are gonna get angry...I know I do!

The Beatles tell us money can't buy us love, but lots of women don't buy into this philosophy.  I just looked up the official definition of "gold digger" and here it goes: any woman whose primary interest in a relationship is material benefits. Now I have never held my hand out to anyone OR expected nice gifts or fancy things while in a relationship.  Material things I can purchase if I please with MY own money.  On the other hand I am not going to be some one's "sugar mama" either.  I remember in a previous relationship I tried to help an ex-boyfriend graduate from college.  MISTAKE.  Lesson learned.

Funny how some men "don't have any money", but there is always money to do what they want to do.  You owe me a certain amount of money and you can't pay me, but you have money to go to the bar multiple nights a week?  Not cool, so NOT COOL.  Why is it men always conveniently have money to go to the bar?  I never quite figured that one out.  If you are broke you shouldn't be going anywhere!  Plus, I have been going out for the past 10 years and I mean it is fun, not  that fun though...

Usually with men you usually get  a) overkill or b) snide remarks.  The first is the guy that sends you flowers, buys you sweet gifts, and always picks up the check, even when you offer.  Even if they were dead broke they would spend their last dime on you.  Which I must say is flattering, but unecessary.  I agree whole heartedly in the beginning the man should pick up the check, but if you have been dating a while no need for that gesture any longer. 

Then you get the snide remarker, which I have to say is one of my pet peeves.  You go out to eat dinner and the complaining begins.  This food is over priced and probably won't be any good.  Well, we just sat down to eat a nice dinner and you have ruined it...thanks!  Now I feel like I should order an appetizer and a water where you want have to spend any money on me, because I am obviously not worth it.

Then the check comes and we have to complain yet again that everything is over priced and huff and puff.  So yet again you feel horrible.  At this point you are thinking we should have just got a Little Casear's pizza and stayed at home.  So then you offer to pay and he won't let you.  I guess for the simple fact he likes to complain..who knows.  That really makes me angry when someone you are dating complains about you not paying and then you try to pay and they won't let you.  Choose a side....geez!  So the moral of this story is pick up the check and nix the remarks or shut up and let your date pay.  Simple as that...

I wonder if people who have a lot of money ever get in arguments about money?  Probably not.  I bet you don't worry about money if you have it.  I guess I can bank on running into a lot of money then I can always pick up the check and avoid the whole thing altogether....it could happen right?  OK, I had to do post it....

Matthew 6: 20-21
....store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment