Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Favorite Things: Boots

Fall and winter means you can drag out those boots and start wearing them again.  I love when it is cold enough to start wearing skinny jeans and boots.  So with my addiction to Pinterest I found out about "boot socks" and decided I needed a pair.  If you don't know about boot socks, see below:

Mohair Lacy Knee Socks - Black - Click Image to Close          
photo source:  www.ilovelowies.com
Pinned Image
photo source: www.sahalie.com
Pinned Image
photo source:  www.freepeople.com
I absolutely love these boots too, but, alas, they are free people and a tad too expensive!

After I decided I needed a pair of these boot socks, I noticed they were more expensive than I expected.  I searched around until I found an etsy store, Sienna's Closet, that offered a variety of socks that were not that expensive.  OK, so I just looked and she has changed the name of her store to "Grace and Lace" .  Here is the link to her store:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/GraceandLaceCo?ref=seller_info

I decided to get the "Lacey Lou" pair in graphite (dark grey):
The Lacey Lou- Graphite: Open-work Legwarmers with Ivory knit Lace trim & buttons (item no. 3-23)
I am satisfied with the purchase (super cute) and have worn them a couple of times since I purchased them.  However, one of the buttons came loose the first time I wore them, other than that no complaints.

Thought I would show you my two favorite pair of boots I own:
photo source:  http://shop.nordstrom.com
I love my Jessica Simpson cowboy boots.  I bought them a couple of years back on sale, but still wear them all the time.  I like them because they don't look too western.  Plus, you can wear cowboy boots year round even in the summer with a sundress.

My other favorite pair of boots are my Steve Madden over the knee boots, which after Internet surfing I have discovered apparently they no longer make.  Too bad, because they are super cute and are flat, no heel!  I really don't like to wear boots with a heel too often, reminds me too much of a streetwalker.  So, I found some cute over the knee boots on Pinterest that I thought I would share:

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
These look really similar to mine!

Hopefully the weather will stay cold and we can wear boots a little longer...you never know with Alabama weather.  We could be laying out in swimsuits tomorrow!

Read the 23rd Psalm while reading my Bible this morning, one of my favorites!  I usually use the NIV when I post bible verses, but I learned this in King James:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment