Sunday, January 15, 2012

8th birthdays are the best!

I have had a busier weekend than expected, which is good.  I try to stay busy, since I have been anxious here lately (to say the least)!  It was one of my best friend's daughter's birthday, so I got to attend her 8th birthday party yesterday.  I haven't been to a child's birthday party in a while, but I must say adults are missing out.  Somewhere along the line we get too old for pizza, chocolate cake, and presents.  The party was held at Tortugas Pizza, which I have never been to.  The adults were treated to a Chicago style pizza and it was really good.  Our pizza looked like the one below (taken from their website)


The birthday girl was also treated to a cake from Edgars and it was delicious.  If you haven't been to Edgars, you must go! They have four locations in the Birmingham area and their sweets do not disappoint.  They also serve breakfast and lunch. I would recommend the one on Hwy 119.


After the party I tagged along to iJump, which was an interesting experience, and I guess the new rage with kids.  I guess it is similar to Chuckie Cheese, which was the coolest thing ever when I was a child.  However, it was filled to the rim with kids and, yes, they were all sweaty and screaming.  However, I have to give it to the guy who thought of the idea, lets blow up a bunch of inflatable slides and bouncy castles and charge every kid $10 bucks to get in was a genius.  We could only stand about an hour, before we headed out.  Needless to say, Anslie had a blast, which I was glad to see :)

Before I get off (brownies need to be taken out of the oven)  I thought I would also mention Homewood Toy & Hobby  It is a great toy store located in Soho Square.  They have lots of different toys (not junk!) and are reasonably priced.  Kids' toys are so "high tech" now, I like to buy toys like I played with when I was little.  They have the rest of their lives for cellphones, Ipods, and laptops!

Exodus 14:14  The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment