Monday, January 23, 2012

Rejection is a hard pill to swallow....

Of all the feelings rejection is the absolute worst! Rejection can come from lots of places:  You didn't get that job or promotion you wanted.  You weren't approved for that loan.  You didn't get invited to that office party.  That guy never called you again when you went out with him last weekend.  You got dumped.  When you are rejected immediately you think the following things (depending on the situation):  I am not good enough.  I am not smart enough.  I am not pretty enough.  I am not lovable.  I am not worth the effort.  I am not enough. Period. 

After my most recent disappointment, one of my best friends told me "Rejection is God's way of protecting you or promoting you."  However, sometimes the "bigger" picture is hard to see.  Love, especially, blurs your vision.  I realize I most definitely am over analyzing everything.  Has "he's just that not into you" taught us anything? If he's not calling you, if he's not making time for you, if he tells you he's not happy....HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.  Women should realize these things and just pick up and move on and stop "nit-picking" everything to death.  (and yes by women, I include myself)  I do realize the problem at hand...women want him to be BE INTO them and they want the story to have the ending they planned out in their head.  Oh....but sometimes God has a different plan!



I am suddenly reminded of a "Hills" episode. (of course, I watched "The Hills" obsessively when it was on)  I remember LC questioning Whitney in the Vogue office, why after a break-up when you are just about to pick up and move on something happens and hinders all the progress you've made.  LC pointed out it's like all your ex-boyfriends all wear beepers that annouce you are about to attempt to move on.  Not so fast....we can't let that happen.  Let's throw a wrench in there. Ugh!  This happens everytime and actually happened recently to me.  I let a simple "rejection" steal my joy.

I get on my facebook one morning and realized one of my ex-boyfriends removed me from his friends.   REJECTION right in my face, right in the corner of his facebook page where it says "Add Friend" (I thought we were?!)....oh, good, not only I am not good enough to be his girlfriend, but now I can't even be a casual acquaintenance on a social networking sight.  He doesn't even care to to see the minor details of my life that could be obtained from facebooking stalking someone! (not that I do that...)  Yes, of course, hurt feelings proceeded, but...hold on....let's not forget he's just not that into you!  Then it happened, I had a pity party...and then was sad the rest of the day.  Now lets be clear here I chose to be disappointed and sad, he didn't cause it.  At church yesterday the preacher said..."No one ever blamed their way into happiness"  He's right when I am happy I don't blame anyone, but when I am angry or sad I sure do!

So the moral of the story here is choose JOY.  Every morning when you wake up try to be HAPPY with my life just as it is.  Somedays I will be successful and somedays I will  fail miserably.  However, the older and older I get I realize happiness is a choice you make every day, not a feeling or a destination.  Abe Lincoln said it best when he said:  " Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be"  AND you know Abe he was always honest! ;)

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment