Monday, January 9, 2012

Birthday celebration

Two of my good friends came in from Atlanta last weekend, one for an early 30th birthday celebration.  Which of course reminded me that I will be 30 in 5 short months. (cringe).  Although, I guess it is better than the alternative.  This weekend we all decided 27 was the perfect age, not too young and foolish and old enough to know better.  It just sounds better when you say "I'm 27".....27, yeah that's a good year.

It was really good to see them and we ate lots of good food and enjoyed several birthday drinks :)  When they got here we grabbed lunch at the Iguana Grill, a Mexican restaurant in Hoover.  I absolutely love the decor of this restaurant, but it is not the best Mexican restaurant around, at least from my experience.  Maybe I am just ordering the wrong thing...  Here is good shot of the decor from Urbanspoon.  All the lighted fixtures are so cool! I have always wanted to go at night-
photo 
Did a little shopping in the galleria and then had some birthday drinks on the patio at On Tap Sports Cafe.  Now I am an On Tap 280 girl, but I have to say the Galleria location is a lot nicer and I love their patio.  The weather turned out to be so nice Saturday, so it was nice to spend some time outside!  Good service also.


The birthday girl got to choose dinner, so we headed to Surin West in 5 Points.  I have ate here several times and never know what to order.  However, my friend actually used to work at the Surin in Huntsville, so she told me what to order and I really enjoyed it!  (Also several people have told me the 5 Points location is better than the 280 location.)  They have a massive martini list, so I chose a Pomegranate martini, which was excellent!  We ordered sushi for appetizers and it was really good, particularly the super crunch roll.  I will probably break down and get one sometime this week on my lunch break! (I work in 5 Points) Visitors are fun....I should really get them more often :)

On a side note, just got home from watching the National Championship game, so this Auburn tiger will say Roll Tide! Congrats Bama!  I can't believe three years in a row the national championship team has come from Alabama!  The state of Alabama wins championships...I guess that's what we do! :)

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment