Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My first trip to a maternity store....

Last Saturday I got to have lunch and shop with two of my good friends from college.  We met up @ Brookwood Village, which is one of my favorite malls, if not favorite, in Birmingham.  It has a good combination of department stores, speciality stores, and restaurants.  We met up a Cocina Superior, a TexMex restaurant.  This was not my first trip here, but I have mixed feelings about this restaurant.  The decor is great, the service is usually excellent, and they have a great outdoor patio, which turned out to be nice since it was like 70 degrees Saturday (what's up with the weather here lately?).  However, the food has always been a little mediocre, not bad, but really not that good.  However, they do have excellent cheese dip and the freshest guacamole (which I am sucker for) which they serve with tomatoes and a lemon slice.  So if you go definitely try it.  They also have Mexican brunch, which I have always wanted to try, but never have.  I found a picture of their patio on http://www.urbanspoon.com/.  As you can see it has a contemporary feel and really is nice!

photo

One of my friends is expecting so we ended up going to a maternity store and I found out that they actually provide you faux baby bumps to gauge how your clothes will fit once you progress.  Of course, I had to try one on, unfortunately I don't have a picture.  I must say it was weird seeing yourself with a baby bump! Of course, I don't think I will have to worry about baby bumps for a LONG time! They were also having good after Christmas sales (not that I needed to buy anything!), but of course I did.

I have been really obsessing over skinny belts here lately, particularly wearing belts with sweaters.  I was able to find 3 for $10 dollars at Charlotte Russe.  Then the cashier informed me I could get 6 for $15, so of course I did.  See below, these aren't exactly the ones I got, but they had a ton!  They have more in the store than pictured on their website.

Bath and Body Works was also having a huge after Christmas sale.  I usually hate Bath and Body Works (not a lotion, body wash, body spray kinda girl) and just walking in makes me have a headache, but I love their hand soap! My favorite is Japanese Cherry Blossom.  Several guests at my house have commented they like the scent of this soap.
Japanese Cherry Blossom Deep Cleansing Hand Soap - Anti-Bacterial - Bath & Body Works
1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment