Thursday, January 19, 2012

A letter to a granddaughter

My mind has been wandering today nonstop, so couldn't really focus to post.  However, I went for a run tonight to clear my head and when I got back I saw this note laying on my coffee table.  I found it a couple of weeks ago, words my grandmother wrote when I was born.  I had laid it out because I wanted to frame it.   I read it and it made my heart smile and it reminded me what a lucky girl I am.  Thought I would share:

May 14, 1982
What a very special day to have a darling granddaughter.  She will be so extra special because we do not have girls.  She will be all we wished for in a little girl of our own.  I know she will be loving and caring.  I know I will not be around to see her all grown up and that is so sad.  Yet somehow perhaps I will know what a wonderful person she will be and I pray her disappointments and hurts will be few.  Little girls get hurt so easy, not physically, but with little broken hearts.  May a guradian angel be ever with you my dear. Be happy and know that you are loved in a very special way.  May God bless and keep you in His loving care always-

Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways"

No comments:

Post a Comment