Monday, February 13, 2012

Too much birthday fun....

Last weekend turned out to be a long weekend for me, due to an impromptu 30th birthday party Thursday night for my good friend's 30th.  (If you are reading this and work with me, keep it on the down low! :) )This birthday celebration led to a sick day and a horrendous headache on Friday.  After several rounds of Advil and a long nap, the celebration conitnued on Friday night, which included a night of dancing, which hardly ever happens for this girl.  However, it turned out to be a fun night and I think my friend had a good birthday, which is all that matters!  The celebration reminded me my 30th is right around the corner. (eeek!)

Saturday the temperature dropped drastically and it finally felt like winter.  The rest of the weekend comsisted of naps, movies, church, and an afternoon at the dog park with Lucy.  If you have a dog(s) and live in Birmingham you have to take your pet to the Loch Haven Dog Park.  It has two fenced areas, one for small dogs and one for large dogs.  The dog park also has nice walking trails, a big open field ( I think used for soccer), and a creek that runs along side the park.  The park is located in a subdivision on a pretty slow street, so there is no need to worry about the chance of your dog running in the street.  I take Lucy there often and she loves it, particularly the creek.  There is also usually mud puddles in the fenced-in areas that Lucy takes full advantage.  I must say most don't let their dogs get in the puddles, which I don't understand.  I have a 65 lb. dog , she is gonna get dirty, mud puddles or not.  Plus, she stays in my townhouse backyard all week, so on the weekend if she wants to get in a puddle, she can get in as many as she wants!  The park is located several minutes off Lorna Road.  I found a picture of the park, courtesy of http://www.hooveral.org/.


A golden (not mine) enjoying the park.  photo source:  www.bringfido.com
A puppy enjoying the creek.  photo source:  www.bringfido.com

Psalm 32:8
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.











No comments:

Post a Comment