Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Damn you Paula Deen...

After looking at my Pinterest tonight I realized that, yes, I do have the ingredients to make Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake.  Yes, of course, I proceeded to make it and, no, there is no need for a single person to make a butter cake.  I looked up the recipe on her website and realized Paula's son, Bobby, has come up wiith a lighter version of the original recipe. (I guess since Mama Deen has diabetes now.)  After closer inspection I decided if I was going to eat butter cake I might as well go all out.  I grew up eating these, but my Mama always called them cream cheese brownies.  This recipe is defintley something you only eat a couple of times a year. (It calls for 2 sticks of butter and lots of powdered sugar!)

photo source:  http://tidymom.net/

It is a pretty simple recipe and easy to make!  The ingredients are as follows

Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar

Click here for the complete recipe from Ms. Deen's website.  Trust me you will gain extra pounds just eating a couple, but it is definitely worth it.  Enjoy! 

Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment