Wednesday, February 8, 2012

10 Things Not to Say to a Single Woman


Yes, I am a single woman in the South, yet again, and I must say it still surprises me the things people say, so I thought I would clue in the public on what not to say to single women.  Trust me every single woman finds these things annoying and some are just down right rude!
  1. "I don't envy you."  Oh, well I am glad you have found your prince charming!  This statement is like a slap in the face.  Most of the time I have to bite my tongue to say "I don't envy you either.  I mean with that husband that never helps and those annoying kids", but see I can't say that because that would be rude! 
  2. "Why aren't you dating anybody?"  The truthful answer is "I don't know."  The answer I want to give is:  "I am an ugly bitch, didn't you hear?"  Older women usually ask this question and when you say "No" their usually response is "I don't know why not."  Me either, good point!
  3. "You're so lucky you get to do whatever you want!"  Yeah, yeah, it sure is loads of fun doing whatever I want all the time...by myself.
  4. "Don't you worry it will happen for you."  This one particularly irritates me, like my life will not be complete until I marry, like I must be miserable all by my lonesome.  You know some people never marry and they are happy....I know shocking!
  5. "I just wanted to have my kids young."  Oh, you did?  I wanted to wait until I was at least 40.  That was the ideal picture in my head. People don't just choose when they have kids, unless you're the octo-mom.  I am glad you had the option to have your kids early, I didn't.
  6. "You must be having the best time dating!"  I think coupled off people just forget.  Dating is by no means fun.  It is awkward and definitely not fun, that is if you get asked out which rarely happens for me.
  7. "You're just so independent!"  Oh, yes, I like to do everything by myself! I have put my foot down swearing off men forever.  I am an independent woman...I don't need a man! (catch my sarcasm?)
  8. "Do you just not want to get married?"  Yes, dumb ass, I want to get married.  I just want to marry the right person.  You're lucky you conveniently found your match at the "appropriate time" to avoid stupid questioning like this, but I didn't.
  9. "You know you have to compromise, you can't get exactly what you want."  Which translates into: Just give into what the man wants, that way you can get married, and fit into the mold society has set for us.
  10. "You're too picky!"  Yes, well that may be this case.  However, the people that I like don't like me and the people that like me I don't like.  Go figure. 
Plus, I am knocking on 30's door.  I figure at this point, I might as well hold out for the perfect match or the closest it can get.  I know I can make it by myself and I hate to tell all the married folks...it really isn't as bad as you think!

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment