Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Favorite Things: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

In honor of Mardi Gras lots of people I work with brought goodies to work today.  Of course, being single I have a limited pantry and little motivation to cook.  However, I woke up earlier than usual today, so I decided to run by Krispy Kreme and contribute a dozen doughnuts, because let's be honest who doesn't like Krispy Kreme doughnuts?  I love doughnuts in all forms, but Krispy Kreme are the absolute best, no contest.



The original Krispy Kreme opened in North Carolina in 1937 and they have been making the best doughnuts ever since.  I like them because they remind me more of a beignet.  They are so light and fluffy, not hard and cakey like some doughnuts.  Plus, they are always perfectly glazed.  I went in the store this morning and saw them coming through the conveyor belt hot and freshly glazed....hmmmmm.  I could never work there!  I would at least a dozen doughnuts a day.  The original glazed doughnut has about 200 calories according to Krsipy Kreme and let me tell you it is worth every single calorie!  So, if you are on a diet let this be your cheat!  Look for the "Hot Now" sign and pull in...you won't regret it ;)

photo source:  http://gracefullysaving.com

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment