Monday, February 20, 2012

Brakes and Babies

Why are Mondays so exhausting, even if you don't do anything the prior weekend?  Plus, today it was worse knowing that there were lots of people that were getting to sleep in because it was President's Day.  However, it only took me 20 minutes to get to work this morning! :) (which is never the case)  I found this President's Day post on Pinterest and had to share; I literally laughed out loud:

Pinned Image

I headed back to Haleyville, my hometown, last weekend to make the rounds and attend one of my best friend's baby shower.  I also got to meet Woody, a blonde cocker spaniel that came upon my parents' house several weeks ago.  My Daddy, having a soft spot for dogs, has taken a liking to him already, naming him Woody after he asked aournd and couldn't find the owner.  He keeps saying he is trying to find a "a home" for him, but I think Woody found a home already. ;)  He was absolutely adorable and I would have taken him home myself if I had a bigger backyard.  I wish I would have taken a picture of him!

Saturday  morning I finally got my brakes fixed in Haleyville.  Good decision on my part to return home for new brakes, I saved over $200!  Whoever quoted me that ridiulous price a couple of weeks ago in Birmingham ought to be ashamed!  Taking advantage of a young, naive, (ok, maybe just naive) girl!  However, I did have to hear my Daddy complain about how I waited too long and should have had them checked earlier....you know what they say "Father knows best".  In my case, Father ALWAYS knows best, he is NEVER wrong ;)

One of my best friends had her baby shower Saturday afternoon and it was so good to see all my old friends.  It is so weird to see your friends with pregnant bellies.  I remember as a child you have in your head how it will feel to be an adult, but you never feel like an "adult".  I still feel like we are not old enough to have babies!  I feel like we should be riding back roads in used cars and asking our parents' permission to stay out later than our curfew. 

I think the baby shower went well and my friend got lots of precious things for her sweet baby girl.  One of my other friends had a baby girl in December and we went to see her Saturday night after the shower.  She was adorable! After baby girl went to sleep, we sat out on her screen porch and caught up on everything!  There is nothing like my friends from back home.  These girls have been with me from kindergarten and we have all somehow managed to stay friends.  We have been through grammar school, high school, college, marriages, and now babies.  We all know exactly what the other one is thinking and they are part of the few people in this world that can make me laugh until my side hurts.  The kind of laughing, where you are laughing so hard you are not making a sound and can't catch your breath.  I can''t remember the last time I laughed so hard!

Isn't she the cutest pregnant person and aren't my friends gorgeous?!

I also have to mention my belated Valentine's Day present from my Daddy.  It should be noted emphasis was never placed on Valentine's Day when I was growing up.  My mother taught kindergarten in a rural school and always stressed to my brother  and I, "some children never get anything"!  So needless to say me and my brother never received balloons, stuffed animals, or flowers.  When I got home, my mother brought out a big Bed Bath and Beyond bag with a "Valentine's gift" that my Daddy picked out.  It was a panda Pillow Pet.  If you are not familiar with Pillow Pets, as you probably guessed it is a combination of a pillow and a stuffed animal.  Of course, if you knew my father you would understand why he got me this.  His sense of humor is dry to say the least.  Ironic, I finally got a stuffed animal 20 years later!  So I named the panda Pillow Pet Polly and Lucy has really enjoyed it.  She checks on the Pillow Pet sporadically, making sure it is not real.  Here is my new Pillow Pet:
Pillow Pets Panda Pillow (PPANDA-MC6)

Happy President's Day everyone!  Hope you got the day off to relax!

Matthew 21:22   If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.




No comments:

Post a Comment