Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Club

After a taking a blog hiatus for a week, I'm back!  I have been thinking of blog posts all week, but have not found the time to sit down to write anything.  The past couple of months I have started to read again.  I used to read a book a week, but when I moved to Birmingham a little over a year ago I stopped for some reason.  The past couple of months I started back and I forgot how much I enjoy it.  I thought I would blog about books I have read recently or ones I have enjoyed in the past.

This year I made a New Year's resolution to read the whole Bible.  I have read books in the Bible, particularly New Testament books, but never the whole Bible.  I have had a One Year Bible for a while, but never read it like I should.  So, I thought I would start fresh on January 1.  Though they say most people give up on their New Year's resolutions by Valentine's Day,  I am proud to say I haven't!  Therefore, my first recommendation is the Bible and I must say it is a good read! :)  Seriously, I definitely would recommend a One Year Bible if you are interested in studying the Bible or re-reading the Bible.  It breaks up the books making it is easier to read.  Every day your read from the Old Testament, the New Testament, a Psalm, and a Proverb, so you won't get bogged down with those Old Testament books.  My Bible is below, but they make a ton of One Year Bibles, so you should be able to find one that fits you.


Last week I also read the book "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin.  The title probably sounds familiar because they made a movie recently based on the book with Kate Hudson and Jennifer Goodwin.  Of course, I followed up and watched the movie after I read the book. (You always have to read the book first, because it is almost a guarantee it will be better!)  The movie was cute, but like I predicted the book was better.  I have read Emily Giffin books before and she is a good relatable writer.  Most of her books are geared toward young women and her writing style is really easy to read.  I would recommend reading "Something Borrowed".  It is a good, light weekend read and is quite funny at some parts! 

photo source: http://en.wikipedia.org/

Mark 11:24 25  I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours.  But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins too.

No comments:

Post a Comment